Mr. Crameri is the Director for the Grade 6, Grade 8 and Symphonic Bands and teacher for Music Experience classes at Har-Bur Middle School in Burlington, CT.
Please feel free to contact me at any time! My phone is (860) 673-6163 x17517 and my email address is email@example.com
Here are some of the reasons why we teach music to our children:
The 2013/2014 Instrumental Music Information PACKET (Grade 6, Grade 8 & Symphonic Band) is now COMPLETE!!!!
Should you have further questions please do not hesitate to contact me, at school, any time.
Important Ensemble Packet Downloads:
-----------> All instrumental students are required to adhere to the terms of this ensemble contract. This form need only
be returned should there be a question and/or concern regarding the terms of the agreement.
The lesson program will begin on Monday, September 30, 2013
Mr. Riccio and Ms. Cleveland will be administering lessons to all Grade 8 students not in Symphonic Band. The following is the schedule for those students:
*A Reminder to all Symphonic Band Members*
Please have upgraded mouthpieces by October 1, 2013. Should you need another copy of the information sent to you in June please see me at any time.
As an added convenience, to both students and parents, I have included the enclosed link of fingering charts for all of the band instruments. FINGERING CHARTS
*Information concerning the "Switchers" Program*
The following link provides a detailed description and explanation of the program. After-school meetings/rehearsals will begin in early October.
This year poses a difficult challenge with regard to our present inventory. Due to the success of the program in prior years (including current use by those students) the number of available instruments is extremely limited. The following is a list of those instruments in-stock along with the rate of availability:
Plentiful: TUBA, TROMBONE and TENOR SAXOPHONE
Scarce (1-2 in stock): OBOE and BASS CLARINET
Should a student wish to work on one of the "Switcher" instruments that is not listed above please contact me for more information with regard to possible alternatives.
ATTENTION GRADE 6 BAND STUDENTS AND PARENTS
This announcement is a follow-up on an email recently sent, through the Region 10 Music Department database, to all Grade 6 Band parents.
There is a Grade 6 Band Quiz scheduled for Friday, October 25, 2013.
The assessment sill cover the following areas:
- Basic knowledge of the Musical "Big 6"
- Definition of "Time Signature" (knowledge of top and bottom numbers)
- Recognition of specific time signature examples
- Definition of "Key Signature" (knowledge of 1/2 step process with use of the piano keyboard - to include understanding and use of natural, sharp and flat symbols)
- Definition of an "Enharmonic" - to include specific examples (i.e. D# =Eb, etc...)
- Specific performance practices covered and utilized from the beginning of the year
- Extra credit opportunities
The format for the quiz will include primarily short answer and fill-in-the-blank examples. Test reviews will occur during the week of October 21 within rehearsals.
Should anyone have further questions regarding the upcoming assessment please feel free to contact at any time.
ATTENTION GRADE 6 BAND STUDENTS AND PARENTS
I will be holding a post-test review/extra help session, for the aforementioned test, on Wednesday, November 6, 2013 during after school hours. Any student that received a grade below an 80 is encouraged to attend this session although all students are welcome to join. The meeting will take place in the HB Band Room; beginning at 3:00 PM and ending at approximately 4:00 PM.
Please be aware that there is no late bus on Wednesday afternoons so parental transportation will be needed. Should you have further questions concerning this meeting please feel free to contact me at anytime.
ANOTHER IMPORTANT MESSAGE TO ALL PARENTS OF GRADE 6 BAND STUDENTS:
INDIVIDUAL PLAYING PERFORMANCE ASSESSMENTS TO BEGIN IN JANUARY.
The attached link is a copy of an open announcement recently communicated to parents, via email, using the Region 10 "Charms" Music Database. Should you have questions regarding this annual performance measure please do not hesitate to contact me.
NORTHERN REGION MIDDLE SCHOOL FESTIVAL 2014
The following are links to important documents for those students preparing to audition for this year's regional festival. These forms are presently being distributed, to students, during the after-school rehearsals. Please be aware of a few very important details:
- This years's audition fee is $10.00 as opposed to the amount stated in earlier correspondences. This fee is due, to me, NO LATER than Tuesday, November 24, 2013.
- All permission slips/health forms are to be fully completed and returned to me NO LATER than Friday, December, 13, 2013.
Should you have further questions please contact me at any time.
GRADE 7/8 WINTER CONCERT REMINDER
- Date/Time/Locale: Thursday, December 12, 2013 - 7:30 P.M. - LSM Auditorium
- The concert is FREE and seating is general admission. All areas are open with the exception of a sections reserved for performers.
- Students are to report no later than 7:00 P.M. (All Grade 7 to the High School Band Room and all Grade 8 to the High School Choral Room)
- Attire for the evening is traditional Black/White concert dress. Black bottoms and White tops (Ladies may wear an all-black dress, Gentleman are to wear dark shoes and socks). If a student does not have "black" slacks - dark blue is acceptable and if the only shoe option is a sneaker please wear the darkest pair available. Please do not wear jeans if at all possible. For a bit of color students may wear colorful/festive ties/scarves should they wish to do so.
- The order of the ensembles will be Grade 7 Band, followed by the Grade 8 Band and ending with the Symphonic Band. All students will have the opportunity to attend the performance of the group(s) that they are not involved with. A center section of the upper seats will be reserved for these students. Proper behavior and respect MUST be demonstrated at all times. Should a student(s) act inappropriately and/or detract from the performance that student(s) will be removed from the concert pending a disciplinary referral and subsequent lowering of grade.
- The concert will not have an intermission but there will be two short and efficient ensemble changes. The concert should last approximately 75 minutes in length.
If I have forgotten to mention something or should you have further questions please feel free to contact me a school. I look forward to seeing you on the 12th. Best wishes, to you all, for a happy and healthy holiday season.
*IMPORTANT SPRING TRIP INFORMATION*
To all Parents of Grade 7, Grade 8 and Symphonic Band members:
I am presently in the process of distributing hard copies of this information to our son/daughter during class time. The following links are for your convenience should you wish to view the information and/or print copies.
Please adhere to the Thursday, March 6, 2014 deadline for submission of paperwork and payment. Thank you!
AMERICAN SCHOOL BAND DIRECTOR'S ASSOCIATION - GRADE 8 BAND DAY 2014
DATE: Tuesday - March 25, 2014
Field Trip Information:
Over Sixty of Har-Bur Middle School's Grade 8 instrumental students have been invited to participate in this one-day festival. All students that signed up, in the fall, have been accepted. The following are copies of important paperwork that has recently been given to each student (1/30/14). Please note that the permission slip/health form is due back to Mr. Riccio/Mr. "C" no later than: FRIDAY, FEBRUARY 28, 2014.